Making a complaint
Our aim is to get it right, first time, every time. If we make a mistake we will try and put it right promptly. We can usually resolve most issues straightaway, so please get in touch with the SEAT Insurance Customer Service team.
The phone numbers for our Customer Service team can be found on the contact us page. You can also raise a complaint online using our online enquiry form. If you’d prefer to email us, please use the relevant email address by product below:
- Car Insurance – Please refer to your Cover Booklet to find the contact information relevant to you.
- Ensurance – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Extended Warranty – email@example.com
- GAP Insurance – firstname.lastname@example.org
What you'll need to tell us so that we can help you
- Your full name
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Your policy number or claim reference
- What's gone wrong and how we can help
What we'll do to resolve your complaint
- We'll get it to the right person
- We will always confirm receipt of your complaint within five working days
- We'll be in touch with you as soon as we can and let you know what will happen next
- We'll treat your complaint fairly
- We'll resolve your complaint as soon as possible and do our best to resolve the problem within four weeks
- For more complex issues it's likely that we will need longer to look into what's happened and we may ask you for further information to help us reach a decision
- We'll give you regular updates
And once we've dealt with your complaint, we'll go back and see what we can learn from your experience.
If you're not happy with our response to your complaint
If you feel we've not considered all of your issues or you can provide further information, please let us know and we'll be happy to review it. If it is not possible to reach an agreement, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to carry out an independent review of your complaint. You have the right to ask them to review your complaint if we've been unable to resolve it within 8 weeks.
The Financial Ombudsman Service can help with most complaints if you are:
- A consumer / private individual
- A business employing fewer than 10 persons that has an annual turnover that doesn't exceed €2 million
- A charity with an annual turnover of less than £1 million
- A trustee of a trust with a net asset value of less than £1 million
If you are unsure whether the Financial Ombudsman Service will consider your complaint, please contact them directly for advice. The service they provide is free and impartial and contacting them at any stage of your complaint will not affect your legal rights.
You may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at:
If you have taken a product out online with SEAT Financial Services and are unhappy with our response to your complaint, you can also use the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution platform to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Please be aware that the Financial Ombudsman Service will only be able to consider your complaint after SEAT Financial Services have had the opportunity to consider and resolve this.
The above complaints procedure is in addition to your statutory rights. For further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Service or Citizens Advice Bureau.